This historic building provides on-campus apartments to visiting academic staff.
Old Government House was the first mansion of its kind built in New Zealand. Classical in style, it was the seat of government from its completion in 1856 until 1865 when the capital was moved to Wellington. For the next century it was Auckland’s vice regal residence. Royalty stayed there six times and the present Queen broadcast her Christmas speech to the Commonwealth in 1953.
Old Government House is located right in the centre of the City Campus and offers 2 studio apartments, 1 one-bedroom apartment, 1 two-bedroom apartment.
The apartments are fully furnished and include fully equipped kitchens with crockery and utensils, lounge rooms with televisions, bathrooms, shared laundry facilities, and all linen and towels are provided. Telephones with free local access are provided in all rooms, and wireless broadband internet access is available in the apartments. All apartments are serviced weekly.
We advise you to book early, as the apartments are very popular and often booked well in advance.